History of the College

History of the College
J.P. College, Narayanpur (Bhagalpur) was established in the year of 1952. The college is founded by Late Shivdhari Prasad Singh, a renowned freedom fighter & a close friend of the great leader, Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan. The location of the college is rural and flood prone and most of the residents of this area belongs to economically and socially deprived class of people. Therefore, our college; with dedicated faculty members and committed staff, is committed to provide an atmosphere which is not only conducive of learning but also promoting personal and community harmony. Currently, the college is conducting UG courses in the streams of Arts and Science, and envisions starting PG courses, certificate and other specialized courses to provide additional professional training and qualifications. As an academic institution, our college strives to become a center of academic excellence in higher education and social responsibility, therefore, despite of facing many challenges like being situated in the area which is flood prone and quite far from the city, the college is still managing to achieve success in many fronts. Increasing enrollment of girl students, providing quality education and promoting equality among all students from different socio-economic backgrounds are some of the examples of our college’s resilience spirit and success as an academic institution
     
     

Select theme colour


For changing color, Please select color in the above box.